With gyms, parks and leisure facilities closed during the first COVID-19 lockdown, it was the role of government body Sport England to help the nation stay active. With one week to plan our campaign we activated the “Join The Movement”, a call to arms to sports stars and celebrities to help inspire the nation to stay active during lockdown.
Within the first 48 hours, we had secured (for free) Strictly’s Karen Hauer, Olympic Gold Medallist and Celebrity Master Chef winner Greg Rutherford, and Lionesses Rachel Daly and Millie Bright as campaign ambassadors.
In total, we enlisted the support of over 70 celebrities and sports stars including Harry Kane, Yaya Toure, Liv Cooke, Jofra Archer, Heather Knight, Chris Froome, Brownlee Brothers, Jamie Murray, Kelly Holmes, Denise Lewis, Becky Adlington, Jonny Wilkinson, Ben Youngs and Lawrence Dallegio.
- Over 500 pieces of coverage including 35 national stories and 11 broadcast hits on the likes of BBC Breakfast, ITV Lorraine, Channel 5, Sky News, BBC 5 Live and Talk Radio
- 207 social posts from our celebs with a combined reach of 14 million
- 43.3k social mentions with a net sentiment of 97.6%
- All campaign content signposted people to the Join The Movement website which clocked up 678k visits over 10 weeks, of which 92% were first-time visitors.
Awards & Accolades:
- Winner – PR Week Awards 2020 – Best Use of Celebrity or Celebrities in a Campaign
- Finalist – PRCA National Awards 2020 – Public Sector Value for Money Award (awaiting results)