McDonald’s wanted to encourage debate: is a Big Mac with Bacon is still a Big Mac? We knew the nation loves a good bit of banter – so who was best to kick start the ‘beef’?
Step forward the Redknapps – Harry #NotABigMac and Jamie #StillABigMac – who took opposing sides of the debate whilst on their way to a McDonald’s drive-thru.
Their content was dropped ahead of the football transfer deadline day owing to Harry’s history of leaning out of car windows to talk transfers which made it the perfect pastiche for a drive-thru moment.
Running alongside our hero content was a combination of earned, owned and paid activity across all channels with content and public sentiment around the debate at its heart to build a sense of anticipation amongst burger fans.
- McDonald’s most successful organic content of all time
- 2million view in 24 hrs – 10m+ views to date
- Big Mac sales targets smashed
Awards & Accolades:
- Winner – The Drum PR Awards 2019 – Best FMCG Campaign
- Winner – PRCA National Awards 2019 – Digital and New Media
- Winner – SABRE Awards EMEA 2020 – UK & Ireland
- Winner – UK Social Media Awards 2019 – Best Social Influencer Campaign
- Finalist – UK Social Media Awards 2019 – Best Use of Facebook/Instagram
- Finalist – UK Social Media Awards 2019 – Best Integrated Campaign
- Finalist – The Drum PR Awards 2019 – Most Effective Use of Content
- Finalist – SABRE Awards EMEA 2020 – Food Service
- Finalist – PRmoment Awards 2020– Best Use of Content
- Runner Up (Silver Award) – PRmoment Awards 2020 – FMCG Marketing Communications Campaign of the Year