We’re a multi-specialist PR agency with strong corporate, technology, consumer and digital teams whose talent, creativity and passion continues to attract high profile clients. We’ve won multiple awards for our work across all key PR disciplines –120+ industry awards since we started over 27 years ago.
We are recruiting for an account manager to join our Corporate and Technology (C&T) team. C&T works with great brands across manufacturing, consumer goods, technology, aviation, construction, logistics and financial and professional services. Our client set is incredibly varied, and we are lucky enough to boast many household names.
Our practice helps to protect our clients’ reputations, as well as promote their solutions and services and their good corporate citizenship.
This role will be working on a variety of these clients – from running day-to-day press offices, to dealing with low level client issues, strong media relations, quality copywriting and managing a very talented and ambitious team of account execs. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in both landing standout coverage across broadcast, national, business and vertical media for clients, as well as working with journalists to bring any external client issues to a satisfactory conclusion (where possible of course!).
Some of the things you’ll be doing…
- Driving campaigns forward and coordinating activity across busy accounts
- Effectively managing a range of coverage generating techniques – securing spokesperson interviews, identifying possible news hijacking opportunities, developing compelling feature pitches that position our clients as experts and thought leaders, and evaluating client news and creating relevant media strategies around each announcement
- Applying your knowledge of the news & social agenda to client campaigns and using it to generate opportunities
- Maximising your extensive contacts list to seek out opportunities, sell-in and land top tier coverage
- Drafting stand-out copy that will resonate with media by interviewing client spokespeople, customers, and desk research on media hot topics
- Managing breaking or potential issues on behalf of clients, drafting statements, responding to requests for information, logging enquiries
- Working with third party agencies, like research partners, to drive through thought leadership and news generation campaigns
- Participating regularly in brainstorms to develop creative ideas and concepts for telling our client stories either for stand alone campaigns or for the day to day press offices
- Participating in new business pitches by helping to develop press office calendars and ideas and presenting these to prospects
Who You Are…
- An outstanding SAE or equivalent who is ready to step up to account manager role, or an established Account Manager looking for a new challenge across new clients
- Experienced in corporate communications and / or B2B comms
- An excellent team player with great communication skills
- A nose for news…you know what it takes to land great coverage and you know who to go to in the media
- A curious and enquiring mind, interested to learn new things and able to get your head around complexity quickly
- You have experience in managing day-to-day issues on behalf of clients (ideal but not essential)
To be considered, please follow the link here and apply through Greenhouse. We look forward to receiving your application!